FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
Fri, November 20, 6:00pm
Starts at $16.00
ARTS & THEATRE, VIRTUAL
Wed, October 28, 7:00pm
Starts at $15.00
ARTS & THEATRE, COMMUNITY
Wed, October 21, 2:36pm
Dimensions Art Gallery
Starts at $20.00
Sun, November 1, 9:00am
Starts at $25.00
From street parties to live music, there’s no shortage of things to do around town. Here are five things to do in Vancouver today, Friday, July 29.
- What: Take back the streets for Pride Weekend in the heart of the Davie Street Village! The party will spill out from the Community Stage at the historic Rainbow Crosswalk, where you can pound the pavement to some of the city’s hottest talent and witness the annual Wimple-In ceremony of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.
- Where: Davie Street between Burrard and Jervis, Vancouver
- When: Friday, July 29, 6 pm until midnight
- Tickets: This is a free event, but if you want to buy alcohol, you’ll need to pay $5 in advance or $10 on the door for a 19+ wristband.
- What: First up, a lively, illuminating and unexpectedly moving documentary about one of the most talented, influential, and iconoclastic filmmakers of all time, Brian De Palma. Second up, Scarface. This is paradise, I’m tellin’ ya.
- Where: The Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Friday, July 29, De Palma doors 7 pm, movie 7:30 pm, Scarface doors 9:30 pm, movie at 10 pm
- Tickets: From the Rio, double bill $16 on the door, $15 in advance, individual movies $12 on the door, $10 in advance
- What: Venture into a world where dark is light, where the audience steers the moral compass, and where joy and chaos reign supreme. The gothic fairy tale takes centre stage in this improv theatre show, unlike anything you’ve seen in Vancouver.
- Where: Havana Theatre – 1212 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: Friday, July 29, from 10:30 to 11:30 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $8
- What: A glorious, geek-powered comedy night with headliner, professional impressionist, Patrick Maliha. Expect lots of sci-fi, fantasy, cyborgs, trolls, unicorns and level 12 elf warriors as they regale you with tales of levity and amusement.
- Where: Seven Dining Lounge – 53 West Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Friday, July 29, from 8 to 9:30 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $5
- What: A series of free, live concerts at the CBC Plaza, every weekday at lunchtime. The lineup this year includes The Tourist Company, Jordan Klassen, Big Little Lions and for the kids, Will Stroet, co-creator and star of the musical TV series Will’s Jams.
- When: From July 8 to August 19, Monday to Friday, noon to 1 pm
- Where: CBC Plaza – 740 Hamilton Street, Vancouver