A classically-inspired drink, the Gerard Cocktail hearkens back to simpler times when men in suits sipped whisky and smoked cigars, and ladies wore long, flowing gowns and fancy hats while puffing on cigarillos.
Named after Vancouver’s legendary Gerard Lounge (located inside Vancouver’s Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar) in the Sutton Place Hotel, drinkers of this cocktail will indeed feel like they’ve been transported back in time. The Gerard Cocktail perfectly captures the elegance and character of days gone by, adding a hint of smoke from the single malt whisky, and cherry notes from the maraschino liqueur and bitters — perfect for sipping while you sit beside the fireplace on a leather couch and reminisce.
The Gerard Cocktail
- 1.5 oz McClelland’s Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- 0.5 oz Luxardo Maraschino Originale Liqueur
- 0.25 oz Fernet-Branca
- 3 dashes Bittered Sling Suius Cherry Bitters
- Build in a mixing glass and stir.
- Serve over large ice cubes.
- Garnish with a preserved cherry.