Yo yo yo it’s Money J Skeets in the house. I will be discussing topics such as Sports and anything else that comes to mind.
Let me begin with the biggest sports concern on everybody’s mind in Vancouver, Mats Sundin. Why is Sundin taking so long to make a decision?
Several theories come to mind but I feel there’s only one that makes sense…
Firstly, there are several assumptions I would like to point out:
1. Sundin would like to play his last game as a Leaf so he can have his number retired.
2. Sundin doesn’t care about the money.
3. Sundin wants to win a championship.
1. The Leafs don’t retire #’s so this is out of the question. If he somehow makes the hall of fame, he will as a Leaf anyway.
2. Why would Sundin invest the money he has earned in the NHL ($70 mil) to make 40%+ returns on his investments? He is obviously money-minded.
3. This is true.. and the Canucks have the best shot over Montreal, New York and Toronto. We can get into this argument another time.
Add to all this Gillis indicating the public doesn’t know what’s going on “behind-the-scenes” leads me to believe Sundin is creating this time delay to avoid looking like a cash greedy player. This is fine for us, since we in Vancouver will be hearing “Sundin to Demitra to Bernier… SCORESSS!” quite a lot next season.
Skeet on that.