Adera, a pioneer in building sustainable multi-family housing, recently launched the final phase of its groundbreaking Green residences in Burnaby, Ultimate Green. The final collection of 73 homes is located in the most desirable part of the site, right up against the Byrne Creek Park Eco-Preserve. Some people have been waiting for more than a year to get into this location.
As B.C.’s first apartment project constructed to Built Green™ Gold standards, Green represents everything Adera stands for, from innovative, well-built, affordable housing to energy-efficient, sustainable construction. Ultimate Green received numerous improvements recommended by their customers and various teams in the field and the result is an ultimate building with noteworthy additions such as:
- private rooftop terraces or “lanais” for select top-floor homes
- standard granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, in-suite washer and dryer, and laminate flooring
- an entirely new optional ultra gourmet kitchens that include GE Café appliances, quartz counters, glass tile backsplash, under-cabinet lighting and high-gloss lacquer cabinets
- enhanced native landscaping and water features
One of the display suites includes a signature West Coast rooftop lanai, fully furnished by Calvert Design that typifies Adera’s LIVE WEST COAST philosophy with:
- weatherproof furnishings including Sunbrella floor and toss cushions, drapery panels, sisal carpet, teak and aluminum dining table, West Coast outdoor art piece and mirrors
- natural “holey” log side tables hand-crafted from solid cedar chunks that will turn grey when exposed to the elements, coordinating with the black and grey colour scheme
- solar-powered LED lighting that turn on and highlight the perimeter of the hardwood deck and planters at night
- plantings by Bloomsbury Gardens
Green is a collection of one, two, and three-bedroom homes created to promote energy conservation and a healthy, sustainable living environment for people, their families, and the community. Being tucked up against Byrne Creek Ravine Park (80+ acres of forested park), residents have access to walkways that connect to a vast trail system for cycling, walking, or jogging. A short walk off the property takes residents to nearby shopping, schools, restaurants, and the Edmonds SkyTrain station (just 25 minutes to downtown Vancouver). This community has been created to minimize its eco-footprint, and some of the sustainable features include:
- solar-powered preheating for hot water
- Energy Star windows and appliances
- increased insulation; energy-efficient lighting
- low-emission paints and carpets
- membership for all homeowners with CAN — the Cooperative Auto Network — with six donated vehicles and access to the 200-car co-op fleet
- first innovative underground street replacing surface asphalt roads with green space and water features
Green has won numerous awards over the years including CHBA BC Built Green Award for Most Energy Efficient and Sustainable Community and Most Sustainable Building Site, CHBA BC Georgie Awards for Sustainable and Innovative Community Award and Residential Community of the Year, and an international Gold Nugget Award of Merit for Best Multi-Family Housing Project (4 to 6 storeys) and Outstanding Attached Project, Mid-Rise (4 to 6 storeys).
Ultimate Green homes range in size from 603 sq ft to 1,292 sq ft with prices starting at $289,900.
The Ultimate Green sales centre is located at 106 – 7488 Byrnepark Walk, Burnaby.