FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
TEDxGastownWomen is back in Vancouver for another year this October, celebrating the power of women and girls to be creators and changemakers.
After last year’s event sold out in 20 minutes, this year’s TEDxGastownWomen will be bigger than ever, with space for 300 on October 29 at The Imperial.
This year, TEDxGastownWomen will explore the theme of “Power” from a variety of perspective and interpretations – and for the first time, will feature a live pole dance.
As well as pole dancing, speakers will explore everything from menopause to the media, dyslexia to abuse, glass ceilings to prestigious titles.
Here are just some of the speakers sharing their ideas at TEDxGastownWomen this year:
- Emelia Symington Fedy – theatre creator, yogi, storyteller and blogger at tryingtobegood.com
- Barinder Rasode – former Surrey city councillor and director of social responsibility for Resource Works
- Reema Faris – PhD candidate with the Department of Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies at SFU
- Julie Salisbury – Owner of Influence Publishing
- Vicki McLeod – Business coach at Main Street Communications and author of #Untrending
- Rosalyn Mow – competitive pole dancer
- Shirley Weir – founder of menopausechicks.com
- Suzanne Solsona – President and CEO, MyMayu
- Reut Amit – associate at Singleton Urquhart LLP and freelance writer
- Christina Benty – former mayor of Golden
- Maili Wong – author of Smart Risk and First Vice President, Portfolio Manager and Investment Advisor with The Wong Group
TEDxGastownWomen will also feature exclusive, new to the world, streamed TED talks from the TEDWomen event taking place only a day prior in San Francisco.
A limited number of tickets for TEDxGastownWomen will be released on Tuesday, September 20 at 9 am, with more released on Tuesday, September 27 at 9 am.
If you don’t manage to get a ticket by then, there will be a waitlist you can join.
TEDxGastownWomen tickets are $100 and include lunch. Attendees must be 19+.
Where: The Imperial Vancouver – 319 Main St, Vancouver
When: Saturday, October 29, from 9 am to 4 pm
Tickets: Available on Tuesday, September 20 at tedxgastownwomen.com, $100, includes lunch, 19+
Daily Hive Vancouver is a proud media sponsor of TEDxGastownWomen