FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
On March 25, prepare yourself for a TED-like experience.
TEDx, a local and independently organized version of TED Talks, and Emily Carr University of Art + Design (ECUAD) are co-branded and will bring a number of different speakers to the university for an evening of ideas, connections, and insight.
The evening, called TEDxECUAD, will feature 12 different speakers, all with different backgrounds and experience:
- Cease Wyss, an Indigenous plant educator and interdisciplinary artist
- Cecily Nicholson, poet and prison abolitionist
- Celine Hong, Emily Carr student and industrial designer
- Chris Jones, photographer
- Christine Schreyer, linguistic anthropologist
- Eric Merkley, political psychologist with a focus on American voters
- Jason Holt, theoretical nuclear physicist
- Jessa Alston-O’Connor, art educator and critic
- Lucinda McGroarty, storyteller and healthcare advocate
- Marcus Johnson, jazz pianist and wine expert
- Maria Lantin, computer scientist with an emphasis on biological visualization
Talks range from five to 18 minutes in length, and all talks can be watched throughout the evening. To make navigation easier for guests, TEDxECUAD is divided into two sections.
The evening ends with a half hour of networking and social time. After party arrangements are still in the works.
The theme of TEDxECUAD is “Bridging the Gap.”
And it’s not only the first TEDx event hosted at ECUAD – it also marks the start of Emily Carr’s transition to its new campus at Great Northern Way.
This event is highly exclusive – only 100 people will be able to enjoy the talks. There will be 40 tickets available to the general public, 20 personal invitations to the event, 20 tickets for ECUAD students, and 20 tickets for ECUAD faculty.
But just because you want to buy a ticket doesn’t mean you’ll get one. TEDxECUAD will review your ticket request and then let you know if you’re able to buy the tickets.
When: March 25, 6 to 10:30 pm
Where: 1399 Johnston Street, Emily Carr University of Art + Design
Price: $52 for the general public. Tickets available in limited quantities online
Daily Hive is a proud media sponsor of TEDxECUAD