The long, strange journey of the 2015-16 Vancouver Canucks is almost over.
With just 73 points, their worst season since 1998-99, the Canucks are poised to get a good draft pick.
Out of tank scoreboard
- Columbus Blue Jackets win 4-1 over Buffalo Sabres
The Blue Jackets win leapfrogged Tort’s team over the Canucks, into 4th-last position.
The Canucks will finish 3rd or 4th last, depending on Saturday’s results.
Vancouver currently has an 11.5% chance of getting the first overall pick.
Saturday’s game of importance for the Canucks
- Chicago Blackhawks @ Columbus Blue Jackets
Canucks remaining game
- Saturday: Edmonton Oilers @ Vancouver Canucks
Canucks will finish 3rd last if:
- Blue Jackets win
- Canucks lose
- Canucks win in a shootout and Blue Jackets lose in overtime or shootout
Canucks will finish 4th last if:
- Canucks win and Blue Jackets lose in regulation
- Canucks win in regulation or overtime and Blue Jackets lose in overtime or shootout
Random run of the NHL Lottery Simulator
Finish 3rd last and get the 6th pick? That would be the epitome of Canucks luck.