Now more than ever, it’s important that children know how their food choices affect their health, community, and the environment.
That’s why Growing Chefs! for Children’s Urban Agriculture provides programs to educate children about healthy eating and food systems. The organization has been delivering programs to elementary schools across BC since 2005, to inspire children that they can grow their own food – even in a city.
Growing Chefs! does this by collaborating with local chefs, restaurants, and community volunteers, to provide the schools and children with materials and hands-on opportunities to grow and cook their own food.
Because Growing Chefs! is a registered charity, it relies on the support of generous donors – it’s one of the only such organizations that engage with a network of chefs willing to volunteer their time to provide innovative hands-on food learning in BC classrooms.
Now, starting June 1, Growing Chefs! is launching their ninth annual ‘Eat. Give. Grow.’ campaign, where participating restaurants and businesses will be adding $1 to a popular item, and that extra dollar will go directly to funding the Growing Chefs! Classroom Gardening and Cooking Program.
The campaign has helped the charity raise over $65,000 since 2010 and this year’s goal is $17,000. You can see the full list of participating restaurants here. And since Tacofino is one of those Vancouver eateries that has a wonderful relationship with Growing Chefs!, we’re giving one lucky reader a $100 gift card for the restaurant.
Enter for your chance to win a $100 gift card for Tacofino in Vancouver courtesy of Growing Chefs!.
To enter for your chance to win a $100 gift card for Tacofino in Vancouver, do at least one of the following:
2. Like Growing Chefs on Facebook – @GrowingChefs and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
3. Follow @growingchefsBC on Twitter and Tweet the following and comment below telling us once you have (1 entry for each action):
- Win a $100 gift card for @TacofinoVAN to celebrate the launch of @growingchefsBC‘s #EATGIVEGROW summer fundraising campaign via @DailyHiveVan https://bit.ly/2H9APok RT to enter!
Contest entries will be accepted from the time and date of publishing until 11:59 pm on June 28, 2018. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they used to enter.
Visit Growing Chefs! for more information.
- Tacofino Gastown's Burrito Bar just upped their game (if that's even possible)
- 10 best places to eat in Vancouver according to local yogis
- Where to get the best over-the-top ice cream tacos in Vancouver
Daily Hive is a proud media sponsor of Growing Chefs!