Richmond RCMP is warning the public after a woman was grabbed from behind and sexually assaulted on Friday, April 25.
At 11 p.m., the victim was walking southbound on No.3 Road where she then turned to walk west on Blundell Road. Police believe this was a lone random act, no similar incidents have been reported at this time, and are seeking for the public’s help in identifying the individual.
The male is described as:
- approximately 5 feet 7 inches to 5 feet 9 inches in height
- medium build
- between 30 and 40 years old
- lighter skinned but of unknown ethnicity
- oval face and short cropped dark hair.
- At the time of the incident he was wearing dark or black colored knee length shorts and a black or dark coloured t-shirt of tank top.
RCMP are reminding the public to use caution when walking at night, stay in populated areas, travel in pairs, don’t wear ear buds and always let someone know where you are.
We want to remind the public to use caution when walking at night, stay in populated areas, travel in pairs, don’t wear ear buds and always let someone know where you are.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident or may know who this suspect is can call Richmond Serious Crimes at 604-278-1212. The Richmond RCMP social media tip account is also available at richmond_tips[at]rcmp-grc.gc.ca. Anyone who wants to remain anonymous can call Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
Featured Image: Police crime tape via Shutterstock