RCMP are investigating an apparent fourth shooting in Surrey, the fourth incident in the city in two days.
At approximately 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday afternoon, shots were fired in a residential neighbourhood near the intersection of 132nd Street and 80th Avenue. Shell casings were found in the area where a SUV was seen chasing another vehicle.
This follows three other incident that occurred within a 19 hour span, with all incidents occurring merely blocks from each other. Police have reason to believe the incidents are connected and targeted:
- 4 a.m. on Tuesday, March 10
- A 20-year-old man was dropped off at hospital with gunshot injuries. The man was treated and released from hospital.
- 6:45 p.m. on Tuesday, March 10
- Just before 7 p.m., a vehicle drove up to a 21-year-old man sitting inside a black vehicle parked near 127 Street and 78 Avenue. The suspect vehicle fired numerous shots, which severely injured the man and disabled his vehicle. A third vehicle took him to hospital.
- 11 p.m. on Tuesday, March 10
- Gunfire was heard within the vicinity of 128 Street and 76 Avenue. All individuals involved in the incident fled the scene before police were able to arrive. According to witnesses, there were four dark coloured vehicles leaving the area at high speeds.
Anyone who may have helpful information or witnessed these incident is asked to contact Surrey RCMP at 604-599-0502 or Crime Stoppers (anonymous hotline) at 1-800-222-8477.