Get ready to hit the beach! The Sunset Beach Social will be happening on June 27, July 11, and August 15 from 5pm till sundown at Sunset Beach.
Attendees can expect offerings from the city’s top food trucks; an art market curated by BLIM; an outdoor roller disco organized by Rough Trade and RollerGirl.ca; enchanting song and dance routines by extravagant drag queens; eye candy courtesy of the hottest bikini babes and muscle-bound hunks in the city; and a sand castle competition with a $500 cash prize judged by Vancouver’s most revered architects and art critics.
“We’re bringing a classic California beach party experience to Vancouver. In addition to outstanding food, there’ll also be the expansive, irreverent fun people have come to expect and love at our events,” says Daniel Fazio, Arrival Agency.
In addition to fun and food in a picturesque setting, nTrust will be giving away up to $10,000 worth of food at the June 27th event. To claim a free meal, Sunset Beach Social goers can sign up for an nTrust Cloud Money™ account beforehand, and pick up their free meal voucher at the event from the nTrust booth. This voucher is then redeemed through their nTrust account and enables them to pay for their meal with a few simple taps of their smartphone.
This voucher will allow Sunset Beach Social goers to enjoy food dishes like:
- super fresh salads from Culver City Salads
- chilli cheese fries from DougieDog
- handmade pork sausage on fresh baked Portuguese buns from Eli’s Serious Sausage
- Kennebec fries with pulled pork from Feastro
- key lime pie popsicles from Johnny’s Pops
- veggie poutine from the Kaboom Box
- jerk pulled sliders from the Reef Runner
- fried rice balls from Roaming Dragon
- spicy chickpea sabji from Soho Road
- froyo with bananas from Sweet Ride
- grilled cheese sandwiches from Taser
- lentil and chickpea fritters from Vij’s Railway Express
- beignets from Yolk’s Breakfast
- buckwheat flour crepes from Ze Bite.
“The Sunset Beach Social will be an amazing event. With so many wonderful people and businesses coming together at a great location, it’s a perfect way to pilot our payment platform,” says Rod Hsu, Chief Experience Officer at nTrust.
It’s a beach blanket blowout and you’re invited. So bring your bathing suits, your roller skates, your sunblock, and your appetite.
The Sunset Social
Dates: Friday, June 27; Friday, July 11; and Friday, August 15
Time: 5 p.m. until sundown
Cost: Free admission
Location: Sunset Beach (Beach Avenue between Bute and Thurlow Streets) – Google Map Link