It’s hard to believe that it was nearly four years ago that we were all anticipating the arrival of the Olympic Torch Relay in British Columbia.
When the flame did arrive, that’s when the excitement really began – even some doubters couldn’t resist taking part in all the 17-days of festivities that put our city on the global spotlight and gave us a reason to be proud.
In the lead-up to next month’s Sochi Winter Games, and as we celebrate the fourth anniversary of Vancouver 2010 on February 12th, we’re asking readers to submit any nostalgic photos and videos they might have. This includes (but not limited to):
- Yaletown and Downtown Live Sites
- Special Pavilions
- Olympic Torch Relay through Metro Vancouver
- Olympic Countdown Clock at the Vancouver Art Gallery’s outdoor plaza
- Huge crowds in Vancouver city streets
- Robson Square festivities, pyrotechnics and zipline
- Whistler festivities
- Opening and Closing Ceremonies
- Medal Ceremonies
- Olympic sports events and competitions
- Gold Medal Hockey game and the instant game winning reaction of the crowds across the city
- Merchandise and memorabilia
- Olympic Pins
- Olympic Mascots
- Ticket stubs
- Volunteer jackets and uniforms
- Coal Harbour Olympic rings
- Outdoor Olympic banners and decorations
Basically, anything related to and reminds us of the 21st Olympic Winter Games! Tweet your photos to @VancityBuzz with #Vancouver2010 or email it to us at tips[at]vancitybuzz.com. We will share your photos with our readers.
Image: Lauren Z
Featured Image: Danielle Bauer