UPDATE: Stage 3 water restrictions effective immediately according to Metro Vancouver.
Metro Vancouver has confirmed that starting Tuesday, Stage 3 water restrictions will come into effect.
Until further notice, watering lawns and washing cars will be prohibited.
Prohibited under Stage 3 water restrictions:
- No watering lawns (both residential and non-residential)
- No outdoor washing or rinsing of cars and pleasure crafts (boats), except for safety (windows, lights, licenses)
- No watering cemetery lawns
Restricted under Stage 3 water restrictions:
- Watering flowers and vegetable gardens, decorative planters, shrubs and trees – only if done by hand
- Refilling private pools, spas, garden ponds
Click here for more information on what Stage 3 water restrictions mean.
Here are some tips on how to conserve water during the dry season.