Get ready to revel in all your Canadian glory at the 59th Annual Squamish Days Loggers Sports Festival from July 28 to August 1.
Escape with your buddies and button up your red plaid for a lumberjack themed August long weekend. This year’s awesome calendar of events is packed with live music events, a parade, beer gardens, hilarious bed races, children’s activities, an 8 km run, a pancake breakfast, and much more.
But don’t forget about this quintessential festival event – you’ll cheer on lumberjack competitors from all around the world in two Loggers Sports Shows. Competitions include tree falling, speed bucking, obstacle pole bucking, axe throwing, a chokerman’s race, and much more.
This is a great excuse to explore the rich heritage that Squamish has to offer along with its strong community spirit that will have you making new friends in no time. Another bonus will be the presence of Ryan Cook from HGTV’s Carver Kings – he’ll be onsite all weekend carving up a storm. This year’s beer sponsor is Okanagan Springs & Pabst Blue Ribbon, making it easy to grab a brewskie on the side.
Enter for your chance to win the Daily Hive Squamish Days Loggers Sports Festival Weekend Experience. The prize includes the following: (Value $2000)
1. Executive Suites Hotel & Resort Squamish: 2 night stay over the Squamish Days weekend (Sat 30th & Sun 31st)
2. Mini Golfing for 2 @ Whistler Punk Hollow2
3. 2 x Tickets to Sunday Logger Sports Show
4. 2 x Sunday Loggers Pancake Breakfast Voucher
5. 1 bottle of Boozewitch Sipping Vinegar from Gillespie’s Fine Spirits
6. 2 passes to Airhouse (indoor trampoline centre)
7. Wet & Wild Elaho River Exhilarator Rafting for 2 from Canadian Outback Rafting Co
8. Mini Carving from Ryan Cook, HGTV Carver Kings
9. Dinner for 2 @ The Copper Coil Still & Grill
10. 2 Adult Day Passes to the Sea to Sky Gondola
11. Pabst Blue Ribbon New Era Hat
12. 2 Squamish Days T-Shirts
To enter for your chance to win the Daily Hive Squamish Days Loggers Sports Festival Weekend Experience as listed above, do at least one of the following:
1. Like the Squamish Days Loggers Sports Festival on Facebook and comment below telling us once you have (1 entry)
2. Follow the Squamish Days Loggers Sports Festival on Twitter and comment below telling us once you have (1 entry)
3. Retweet the following on Twitter and comment below telling us once you have: (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from time and date of publishing until 11:59 p.m. PST on July 12. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they used to enter.
When: July 28 to August 1
Price: Tickets for pancake breakfast and loggers sports shows available at event, cash only.
Saturday Show: $1 kids and seniors, $2 adults
Sunday Show: $5 kids and seniors, $10 adults