It’s safe to say that the past year has been hard, but it’s been particularly tough for those who have lost their jobs or were already underemployed at the beginning of the pandemic.
If this describes you, or if you’re just looking for a fresh start, you’ll be interested to know that one of the city’s biggest job fairs is returning this season. Along with brighter evenings, warmer weather, and a bit of sunny optimism, this spring also brings with it MOSAIC’s Annual Job Fair.
The 9th annual fair will take place on Tuesday, May 18, and while it will be a virtual event this year, it promises to be just as successful as years past. Attendees will get a chance to have quick, one-to-one interviews with employers, as well as provide their resume and prepare a professional profile, making this event a valuable tool in the job hunt.
As one of the biggest job fairs in Vancouver, the event draws both Canadian and immigrant professionals looking for a career in their current field and those who wish to transition to a new industry.
Curious about where your potential new dream job might be? A total of 50 employers from various sectors, including those listed below, will be looking to fill more than 800 positions at the fair.
- Accommodation and food services: Saputo, Purdys Chocolatier
- Construction: Jacob Bros Construction, BC Infrastructure Benefits, The Universal Group, Flynn Group of Companies
- Educational services: Make a Future – Careers in BC Education, North Vancouver School District
- Finance and insurance: Scotiabank, Sunlife Financial, Prominence Financial Inc.
- Health industry and social assistance: Interior Health Authority, Providence Health Care, LifeLabs, Chilliwack Society for Community Living, Home Care Assistance
- Manufacturing: Dometic Vancouver, FPS Food Process Solutions, Great Little Box Company, BE Powers Equipment
- Public administration and government: City of Vancouver, City of Burnaby, BC Corrections, BC Pension Corporation
- Retail and wholesale trade: Save-On-Foods, T&T Supermarket, The Home Depot, Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd., Van-Whole Produce
- Transportation and warehousing: TransLink, Staples, Day & Ross, Amazon Fulfillment
- Other services: AFL, ALS, BEST Service Pros, Securiguard Services Ltd., Paladin Security, Paraspace
As the event draws near, even more employers are set to be confirmed.
Backed by Scotiabank, a diversity and inclusion sponsor, Amazon, an equal opportunity sponsor, and WorkBC, an employment for all sponsor, the fair is completely free to attend and is open to everyone.
And to give you a hint as to how successful this fair has been in the past, in 2019, over 2,500 job seekers attended the event, with 80% of them saying they were able to connect with the employer they came to see.
One major pro tip for how to get the most out of the MOSAIC Job Fair: do your homework. Make sure to do some research on the employers you’re most interested in, which will not only prove how professional and enthusiastic you are but will also make conversation a lot easier.
Employers have said that during past job fairs, the candidates who did their homework and came prepared stood out the most and were, ultimately, the most successful in securing a position.
MOSAIC is one of the largest settlement and employment non-profit organizations in Canada. It works to support immigrants and refugees, providing them with settlement, employment, and integration services throughout BC and overseas via online programs. It also provides employment services to all British Columbians through a partnership with five WorkBC Centres across the Lower Mainland.
The upcoming job fair is open to all employers, qualified professionals, skilled workers, and entry-level individuals.
Find out more about the highly-anticipated MOSAIC Job Fair and register today to get one step closer to your next big career move.
When: Tuesday, May 18
Tickets: Free — Register via mosaicbc.org