I know what you’re thinking, street party in the heart of suburbia!? How is that possible. Well if you’ve been to the shops at Morgan Crossing you’ll understand a bit more. The centre is designed with mixed retail space and residential living to create the comfort and charm of an urban-inspired Main Street, blending 60 shops and services with gathering spots, water features, public art and green space. A little piece of the urban lifestyle in a suburban setting if you will.
Keeping with its tight community vibe, the neighbourhood is celebrating with a Latin Street Party Extravaganza this Saturday. The festivities will run from 11:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Events throughout the day will include:
- Ribbon-cutting ceremony hosted by mayor Dianne Watts at 2 p.m.
- Live musical performances by salsa, steel drum and mariachi bands
- Roving buskers including skilled stilt walkers, memorable magicians and a captivating one-man circus
- Samba fusion and salsa dance performances, as well as free dance classes
- Exciting giveaways and prizes from area retailers
So if you live in the valley you may want to check this out.
More information (including a map) can be found at theshopsatmorgancrossing.com/blog/