The next After Hours adults-only event will be taking place at the Vancouver Aquarium, including their new exhibit Sea Monsters Revealed: The Exhibition on Thursday, May 28 .
Discover the insides and outsides of mysterious aquatic creatures with a beer or glass of wine at hand and get close up and personal with some of the most intriguing aquatic life ever to be featured on dry land.
To celebrate the summer opening of Waterfall Café, the Vancouver Aquarium will also be offering visitors FREE ice cream, lemonade and coffee on Saturday, May 23. The Café features a beautiful outdoor patio and dining area open to all Stanley Park visitors throughout the summer.
The evening will also include:
- Special sea monsters-themed programming, including shark shows and our “Let’s Get Kraken” game show
- National Geographic’s film experience Sea Monsters 4-D: A Prehistoric Adventure
- Hands-on learning with marine invertebrates like sea stars, sea urchins and more in our Wet Lab*
- Dolphin shows on the Wild Coast
*Due to space and time restrictions, we are unable to accommodate all After Hours guests in the Wet Lab. Entry to the Wet Lab is by timed-ticket; please pick up your timed-entry ticked from the Wet Lab in the Canaccord Exploration Gallery when you arrive.
Food, beer and wine will be available for purchase.
Unfortunately tickets are sold out, but save the date for the next After Hours on Thursday, August 13. Tickets go on sale the week of July 13. Tickets are available online only.
The Vancouver Aquarium is a non-profit society dedicated to the conservation of aquatic life.
To enter to win a pair of tickets to After Hours at the Vancouver Aquarium, do at least one of the following:
1. Tweet the following on Twitter: (1 entry)
- Win a pair of tickets to the adults-only #AfterHours at @VanAqua on May 28 via @VancityBuzz http://ow.ly/NfKQP RT to enter!
2. Leave a comment below telling us what your favourite sea monster is. (1 entry)
3. Like this photo on Vancity Buzz’s Facebook page. (1 entry)
Contest ends May 26 at 11:59 p.m. One winner will be drawn at random.
*This is a 19+ event. Photo ID is required for entry.
*No tickets available at the door.
After Hours at Vancouver Aquarium
When: Thursday, May 28 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Where: The Vancouver Aquarium – 845 Avison Way in Stanley Park
Cost: $18 for members, $25 for non-members (including tax)
More info: www.vanaqua.org/afterhours
Advertorial. If you are interested in sponsored content, please contact us.