Kale may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I find that most people can’t resist kale chips. They are so delicious, but they can be quite pricey to buy at the store. They’re really not that hard to make at home. You can have these ready to eat within 20 minutes!
Here is a basic recipe to follow. You can add any seasoning you like.
- Kale – 2 bunches
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Any other seasoning you like – cumin, sesame oil, cayenne
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Rip kale into bite sized pieces
- Toss with oil, salt and pepper, and seasonings
- Roast for 15 minutes, or until crisp
Tip: After you wash the kale, make sure the leaves are as dry as possible. Any moisture will make it more difficult for the seasoning to stick.
Seasoning ideas: Parmesan and garlic, BBQ, Lemon and Poppyseed.
What are some of your favourite flavour combos?