Hungry for more food stories? Check out these small bites:
- Big news on the global news front, as Rene Redzepi announces he’s closing Noma and will open an urban farm in its stead.
- Someone has tried all the Canadian “Do us a Flavour” Lays chips (and written about it) so you don’t have to.
- Is udon the next big Japanese food trend in Vancouver?
- We’re thoroughly enjoying this discussion online of the “worst places to eat in Vancouver.”
- Congrats to Vancouver’s Leeann Froese, who has been named Canada’s first “wine ambassador” in the #Winelover community.
- Our top food stories this week: All dressed chips make the trip down south, B.C. oysters are back, what to eat at the International Summer Night Market (while you still can), great spots for first dates, the next chapter for the Yale, and some walk-up windows worth stopping by.
A closer look at our featured photo this week:
Another successful #tastingplatesyvr outing last night – this time revisiting the Davie/Yaletown neighbourhoods. Found some new gems, like @truffles_fine_foods and their impeccable attention to detail. Next outing: Kitsilano on September 30! Get your tickets now. #vcbfood #604eats #604now #vancouverisawesome #vancitybuzz #food #foodie #foodgasm #foodpics #foodporn #foodstagram #foodpic #foodphotography #yum #yummy #vandiary
Tag your Instagram food pics #vcbfood and we may share them on the site!
Don’t forget to follow @VCBFood on Twitter to keep up with all of Vancity Buzz’s food and drink stories.