Hungry for more food stories? Check out these small bites:
- Send the chilly autumn weather packing with Canadian Living’s eight best fall soup recipes.
- The Straight calls “Burnt,” the new Bradley Cooper food-focused flick, “culinary therapy.”
- The folks at Scout sure are wild about wild ‘shrooms!
- Fall is a time to celebrate the harvest, and National Geographic has a beautiful set of 15 archival photos from harvests around the globe.
- The Sun’s big food reviewer hits up a small Hastings Street spot that serves up “simple and modest” Vietnamese food, particularly pho.
- The winners of Vancouver Foodster’s Craft Beer Cocktail Challenge have been announced.
- Forbes takes on the topic of popular bloggers considered the “merchants of food fear.”
- Look out, Yelpers! In France, a blogger was fined several thousand Euros when they published a scathing review of a restaurant…before it even opened.
- Still in the mood to a) read about food politics and b) discuss the hot button issue of bacon being deadly? Head over to TIME’s cover story on “the war on delicious.”
- Our biggest food stories this week: HOLY MACARON, Ladurée is opening a Vancouver shop, where to find the city’s best donuts, Pat Quinn gets a restaurant named for him, pairing Halloween candy with wine, the best ramen joints in Vancouver, and, uh oh, bacon is the new smoking.
A closer look at our featured photo this week:
Tag your Instagram food pics #vcbfood and we may share them on the site!
Don’t forget to follow @VCBFood on Twitter to keep up with all of Vancity Buzz’s food and drink stories.