Hungry for more food stories? Check out these small bites:
- enRoute will reveal their big restaurant awards next month, but to tide you over, they’re offering a drink recipe from Vancouver’s AnnaLena and a beef carpaccio recipe from Grapes & Soda.
- When the question is “What are Canada’s best craft beer destinations?” you’ve gotta be sure Vancouver is among the answers. (It is!)
- Eater Seattle wandered up north and offers up picks for where to eat in Vancouver. Unfortunately, they didn’t really take a bite out of anything new, though they hit some ol’ reliables.
- What junk foods do NHL players crave? This video on Yahoo! reveals a few players’ secrets.
- Not everyone is excited about the abundance of pumpkin and fall foods emerging this time of year.
- Our top food stories this week: We want a Harry Potter-themed bar, too; a new product is helping cocktails go vegan; free tapas at Salt Tasting Room; the best coffee shops in Vancouver; and some photos of crazy latte art from around the globe.
Tag your Instagram food pics #vcbfood and we may share them on the site!
Don’t forget to follow @VCBFood on Twitter to keep up with all of Vancity Buzz’s food and drink stories.
A closer look at our featured photo this week:
BrAVO! Can you tell I love me some avocados? The best birthday presents are always food related hehe. Shout out to my sister @cee.sun for the #avocadotoast sweater @d and to @e_lao who wasn't embarrassed to eat with me LOL || #nelsontheseagull #gastown #vancouver #birthday #brunch #love #noms #eeeeeats #vcbfood #vancitybuzz #poachedeggs