Hungry for more food stories? Check out these small bites:
- Well, looky here! Cookbook author and TV food goddess Nigella Lawson made a stop in Vancouver, and dined at Burdock & Co. Girl power!
- Brush up on your Whistler restaurant history.
- The exciting Gold Medal Plates competition went down in Victoria, and Chef Alex Chen of Vancouver’s Boulevard was the victor.
- In which we helped judge a cocktail contest, featuring the delicious and seasonal combo of Avalon Egg Nog and Kraken Rum.
- U.S.-based fast food chain Carl’s Jr. plans to infiltrate Vancouver with more locations. We all need more Western Bacon Cheeseburgers and Criss-Cut Fries, apparently.
- Where to find vegan egg nog in Vancouver.
- Some wisdom on getting your garden winter-ready.
- Our most popular food stories this week: Crown Royal’s Northern Harvest Rye was named the World Whisky of the Year, where to get burgers without breaking your budget, Glowbal’s new downtown flagship is more style than substance, JJ Bean is opening up on Dunsmuir at Richards, Juniper is raising the stakes in Chinatown, and our ultimate 2015 guide to holiday treats in Vancouver.
A closer look at our featured photo this week:
Tag your Instagram food pics #vcbfood and we may share them on the site!
Don’t forget to follow @VCBFood on Twitter to keep up with all of Vancity Buzz’s food and drink stories.