Hungry for more food stories? Check out these small bites:
- High-end chefs making airline food is now “all the rage.” Among them is Vancouver’s David Hawksworth.
- The Boston Globe was out west, and filed this write up of Sooke Harbour House in Vancouver Island.
- Canadians living on low incomes tend to eat less so they can pay for internet. That doesn’t seem okay.
- Beaucoup Bakery’s Jackie Kai Ellis shares her sweet memories of Chinese New Year in her Wandering Gourmet column in the Sun.
- Looking to brighten up your winter eating routine? Erin Ireland has a “to die for” Rainbow Panzanella Salad recipe that looks delish.
- It’s on: Vancouver Foodster has launched his Poutine Challenge. Get eating!
- Our top food stories this week: Chipotle is opening in Surrey, where to get the best budget Mexican eats, Ryan Reynolds is a pie smuggler, Vancouver’s best Chinese dishes, a few chain restaurants that don’t totally suck, salad at McDonald’s isn’t necessarily good for you (gasp!), Donnelly Group hits Toronto, vegan ice cream in Yaletown, and the best poutine in Vancouver.
A closer look at our featured photo this week:
It is as delicious as it looks! I am one happy camper – new friends, new restaurants! this is my kind of place @belgardkitchen -great food, fair price, unique atmosphere, hidden gem, historic building with the grandest doors! [salmon gravlax hash: house cured sockeye, crispy potatoes, avocado, pickled onions, arugula, beet+postmark IPA purée, poached eggs, smoky onion+Parmesan cream] #yvr #yvreats #gastropostvan #gastropost #vcbfood
Tag your Instagram food pics #vcbfood and we may share them on the site!
Don’t forget to follow @VCBFood on Twitter to keep up with all of Vancity Buzz’s food and drink stories.