Hungry for more food stories? Check out these small bites:
- Ouch. In his review of Calgary’s The Derrick for the Globe & Mail, writer Dan Clapson compares the gin joint to Vancouver’s Juniper, the latter of which he says serves “uninspired plates of food.” We respectfully disagree.
- Three cheers for Vancouver, the unofficial cocktail capital of Canada.
- Hello gorgeous: Braised duck noodles from Fat Mao.
- Do you follow Bon Appetit’s 10 Commandments of Instagram food photo-taking?
- If you’re a craft beer lover, you might want to check out Victoria Beer Week 2016. Craft Beer Vancouver has some tips for what not to miss at the event.
- Your semi-highbrow food-centric long read: Straightened-out croissants and the decline of civilization
- Our top stories this week: IHOP’s free pancake day is soon, Starbucks screws with their stars program, tainted cantaloupe, where to find the best margaritas in Vancouver, excellent veggie brunches, a new baked potato spot, and the best Instagram food photos of the week.
A closer look at our featured photo this week:
Tag your Instagram food pics #vcbfood and we may share them on the site!
Don’t forget to follow @VCBFood on Twitter to keep up with all of Vancity Buzz’s food and drink stories.