FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
While a ride on the SkyTrain might seem like an ordinary, mundane thing, a special Halloween-themed ride taking place later this month is anything but.
On Friday, October 26, the annual SkyTrain Halloween Dance Party is set to take over the rails from Waterfront Station to the “outer reaches” of the system, complete with a “thumping sound-system, decorations, and several hundred of your transit-loving friends,” according to organizers.
Those behind the event also note that unlike in previous years, “when we’ve been able to set up in advance, we will all be boarding the train at the same time.”
As such, those who plan on attending are being asked to help to make sure the set up happens efficiently, primarily by making some space for the DJ to get the all the equipment in place.
“Our system is battery powered, and the music lasts as long as the batteries do,” they said on Facebook. “We will wind the party down a few stops before Waterfront so people can get themselves ready for a smooth departure.
View this post on Instagram
Here are the guidelines for the event:
- Play “Fare” and board with your Compass Card U-pass or buy a ticket.
- Have fun, but be chill. No racing between trains at stops (this is a safety issue for TransLink), so please respect that. Also, please DO NOT hold the doors.
- Smoking on the train – don’t.
- Be a good host. The train will stop at every station along the route, picking up people along the way. These are your Halloween party guests! Invite them in to join in the fun.
- Share the gratitude. If you see one of the Canada Line staff crew, or TransLink officer, please give ‘em a high five. These fine folks do a lot to make sure that this event – and transit in general – runs smoothly.
- Help maintain the vibe. Look out for one another and keep a good thing going. If you see someone who needs a hand with something, help them out. And if you see someone horsing around in a way that runs contrary to the above – please ask them to chill out, for everyone’s sake.
- Clear out any recycling and trash.
When: Friday, October 26
Time: 8 pm to 9:30 pm
Where: Event begins at Vancouver’s Waterfront Station
Admission: Regular SkyTrain fare