Expect scheduled SkyTrain delays all day this weekend
Transit users who are planning to use SkyTrain’s Expo and Millennium lines this weekend should expect scheduled delays in train service throughout the entire day of service.
On Saturday, August 29 and Sunday, August 30, maintenance crews will be replacing the rail tracks at several locations where existing tracks are up to 30 years old. A total of 4,550 linear metres of rail will be replaced over the next several weeks.
Passengers are advised to allow 20 minutes in extra travel time when using these two SkyTrain lines.
Weekend 1: Last August weekend
- When: 11 p.m. on Friday, August 28 to end of service on Sunday, August 30, all day
- Expected delays and disruptions:
- Expo and Millennium Line service will be reduced, while crews replace rail west of Edmonds Station. Trains will single track at Edmonds and Royal Oak stations.
- Millennium Line will operate between VCC-Clark and Columbia stations only. To connect to Millennium Line, passengers can take Expo Line and change trains at Commercial-Broadway or Columbia stations.
- Additional trains will operate between Waterfront and Metrotown stations only. Passengers boarding Expo Line in Vancouver and travelling to stations east of Metrotown should wait for “King George” trains and avoid transferring at Metrotown where the platform is narrowed during construction.
More delays are also anticipated for next weekend, Labour Day weekend, from Friday, September 5 to Monday, September 7. The delays will occur all day during the four-day long-weekend. For details on the second weekend of delays, click here.