STREAT is the newest initiative by Hawkers Market focusing on invigorating street food culture on streets of Vancouver. STREAT Markets are designed to fit into public spaces such as Robson Square and expand on the concept of street food culture in Vancouver including food vendors that go beyond food trucks or may be early stage food startups looking for a chance to serve up food to the hungry YVR crowds.
The first STREAT Market is this Saturday on Robson square in partnership with the Vancouver Street Dance Festival and Vancity Buzz.
- SEE ALSO: Vancouver Street Dance Festival 2014
Food Hawkers in attendance this weekend at Streat are:
- Trishaw Foods – Serving up Singaporean curries and noodles
- Forte Whole Foods – Holistically driven foods made in YVR
- Saucy Pops – A transplant from the Richmond night market
- The Wonton Girl – Hand wrapped wontons a hawkers staple
- Nuez Milk – Handcrafted nut milks made in YVR
- Dickies Ginger – Fermented ginger beer brewed in YVR
- Lear Faye Cafe – With sandwiches and cold brew coffee
- The Lemon Square – Lemony sweet goodness
- MOOOS – Chocolate mousse with an irish twist
- Urban Digs Fresh Cart – Stock up on everything from pickles to veggies here
- Otimo Brazilian style cheese puffs
- Nice pops
Catch these food vendors at while the Vancouver Street Dance Festival goes on.
Robson Streat Food Market
When: August 2, 2014
Where: Robson Square, Vancouver
Time: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.