If this work-week has felt like a bit of long one for you, a new list of the country’s richest people from Canadian Business will make it feel… well, just a little bit longer.
Canadian Business has released their annual rankings of the 100 wealthiest people in the country and it just so happens that nine of those people live in our fair city.
And just to add fuel to the fire, the guidelines for this year’s ranking have been adjusted: No one on the list is worth less than a billion.
In what will likely surprise no one, the richest Vancouverite is James Pattison of the Jim Pattison Group, comes in with a cool $6.41 billion.
Here are the nine richest people in our city, as well as where they rank on the top 100 list.
10. James Pattison – Jim Pattison Group – $6.41 billion
21. Gaglardi Family – Northland Properties – $3.92 billion
27. Aquilini family – Aquilini Investment Group – $3.3 billion
30. Lalji Family – Larco Group of Cos. – $3.07 billion
33. Dennis “Chip” Wilson – Lululemon Athletica / KIT & ACE – $2.92 billion
50. Brandt Louie – H.Y. Louie Co. – $2.11 billion
91. Hassan Khosrowshahi – Inwest Investments, DRI Capital – $1.16 billion
98. Caleb & Tom Chan – Burrard International Holdings- $1.07 billion
99. U. Gary Charlwood – Uniglobe Travel International Partnership, Century 21 Canada Partnership – $1.03 billion
So yeah, happy Friday.