Canada is home to 41 billionaires.
According to CEOWORLD Magazine’s Canada Rich List Index for 2019, this year’s total wealth of the top 10 richest Canadian hit a new record high of $96.4 billion USD.
To identify wealthiest people in Canada, CEOWORLD magazine said it reviewed numerous national and international reports, along with the Forbes global index, and all estimated net worth figures are in US dollars.
Topping this year’s list with an estimated net worth of $39 billion in 2019 is David Thomson, chairman of Thomson Reuters.
CEOWORLD named Joseph Tsai, vice-chairman of Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group, as the second richest person in Canada, with a net worth of $10.2 billion.
Galen Weston is the third richest person in Canada, according to the magazine, as his net worth stands at $9 billion.
- See also:
David Cheriton and James Irving take the fourth and fifth spots of the wealthiest people in Canada with $6.4 billion and $6.3 billion, respectively.
So who else is on this year’s list?
— Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj (@ceoworld) November 19, 2019
Canadian Billionaires: Richest People In Canada, 2019
- David Thomson: $39 billion
- Joseph Tsai: $10.2 billion
- Galen Weston: $9 billion
- David Cheriton: $6.4 billion
- James Irving: $6.3 billion
- Jim Pattison: $5.7 billion
- Huang Chulong: $5.6 billion
- Emanuele (Lino) Saputo: $5.1 billion
- Chip Wilson: $4.6 billion
- Mark Scheinberg: $4.5 billion
- Alain Bouchard: $4.1 billion
- Peter Gilgan: $4 billion
- Arthur Irving: $3.5 billion
- Daryl Katz: $3.1 billion
- Bob Gaglardi: $3 billion
- Tobi Lutke: $2.9 billion
- Garrett Camp: $2.7 billion
- Robert Miller: $2.7 billion
- Mitchell Goldhar: $2.7 billion
- Lawrence Stroll: $2.6 billion
- Jean Coutu: $2.5 billion
- Michael Lee-Chin: $2.4 billion
- Carlo Fidani: $2.3 billion
- Serge Godin: $2.3 billion
- Charles Bronfman: $2.3 billion
- Jacques D’Amours: $2.1 billion
- Pierre Karl Péladeau: $1.8 billion
- Stephen Smith: $1.8 B $2 billion
- Marcel Adams: $1.7 billion
- Stephen Jarislowsky: $1.6 billion
- Hal Jackman: $1.6 billion
- Gerald Schwartz: $1.6 billion
- Mark Leonard: $1.5 billion
- N. Murray Edwards: $1.4 billion
- Bruce Flatt: $1.4 billion
- Brandt Louie: $1.4 billion
- Peter Szulczewski: $1.4 billion
- K. Rai Sahi: $1.3 billion
- Jack Cockwell: $1.3 billion
- Terence (Terry) Matthews: $1.2 billion
- Guy Laliberté: $1 billion