A hand-selected group of Vancouver’s most talented artists came together earlier this month to showcase their creations as part of a global artists network.
RAW:natural born artists is a worldwide community of creative individuals, an independent organization for artists, by artists. Showcases are held in places across the world on a continual basis, now operating in nearly 60 cities from North America to Australia and, most recently, London, England.
What happens at a RAW Showcase? A circus of creativity is brought together under one roof to celebrate local independent film, fashion, music, visual art, hair & makeup artistry, and performance art.
This month’s Vancouver showcase, VISIONARY, featured an incredible sampling of the city’s talented creators. The next event, titled GRANDEUR, is set for March. Check out some great photos from VISIONARY below as well as a full list of artists from the showcase.
RAW Vancouver Presents: GRANDEUR
When: March 5, 2015 at 7 p.m.
Where: FIVESIXTY Nightclub – 560 Seymour Street, Vancouver
Full list of artists to be announced.
RAW Vancouver Presents: VISIONARY (January 8, 2015)
- LIVE MUSIC: sounds by Tessa Mouzourakis, La Bidos & Jodi Pederson.
- FASHION SHOWS: featuring Grandi’s Atelier, Lata Design, Prahski, Gabbeh & Yifat Jovani.
- STAND UP COMEDIAN: laughs delivered by Mary Schatschneider.
- JEWELRY ART DESIGN: by Kat Made Jewelry & Carli Marie Sita.
- SHORT FILM SHOWING: presenting Faith & Conviction directed by Javier Badillo.
- SPOKEN WORD: from the talented Scruffmouth Scribe.
- LIVE GRAPHIC PAINTING: by Peter Gikandi.
- DANCE PERFORMANCES: modern contemporary dance by Diskordanse Company and classic
Egyptian dance by Victoria Rose Ka and Chelsea Isherwood.
- ART GALLERY: featuring Brendan Phillips, Jenn Brisson, Joanne Hastie, Ashleigh Drummond, Tracy Jager, Chrissi Luck, Ola Design, Max Brown, Sandra Diaz, David Righten & Melissa Bordeaux.
- PHOTOGRAPHY: by Desiree Patterson, Tessa Muna, Rio Savana, Jose Hiriart & Paul Shannon.
- HAIR & MAKEUP FEATURES: body painting and prosthesis by Myranda Warren; editorial make-up designs by Faye Smith, Vicky Lo & Dejanaira Van Belois; plus hair creations from Krista Bertrand & Lindsey Ngyuen.
Photos from VISIONARY
Feature Image: Skye Ferguson of Diskordanse. All images by Carmin Edwards.