Rare Finds is a unique event benefiting extraordinary children. Celebrating its 5th year, this annual cocktail party gala benefits the BC Rare Disease Foundation, helping kids with rare conditions. The cornerstone of the event is a friendly yet spirited competition between some of Vancouver’s finest chefs. Chefs will prepare a variety of one-of-a kind dishes on-site which guests are invited to try and vote for their favourites.
A feast for the senses, Rare Finds combines delicious food by some of Vancouver’s top chefs and pastry artists, open bars featuring talented mixologists, live entertainment by Girls on Wax, portraits by The Collective You and the signature silent and live auctions showcasing fun and fascinating rare items. Rare Finds takes place on Saturday, April 26, 2014 at 7 p.m. under the living roof of the Visitor’s Centre at VanDusen Botanical Garden.
Tickets: $150 early bird pricing, 2 or more tickets – $125 each – available online
Check out the photo set from Rare Finds 2013
- Adam Pegg; Executive Chef, La Quercia
- Cooper Green; Executive Chef, Sandbar Seafood Restaurant
- Darren Brown; Executive Chef, Fairmont Pacific Rim
- Dan Olson; Executive Chef, Railtown Café and Catering
- Dana Hauser; Executive Chef, Fairmont Waterfront
- Eleanor Chow Waterfall and Slavita Johnson; Pastry Chefs, Cadeaux Bakery
- Faizal Kassam; Executive Chef, Ciebo Trattoria
- Jon McCartney; Executive Chef, Personas Tapas Restaurant & Lounge
- Lee Bretschneider; Pastry Chef, Temper Chocolate Pastry
- Louis Gervais; Executive Chef, Louis Gervais Fine Foods
- Sean Tisdall; Executive Chef, Heirloom Vegetarian Restaurant
- Steve Fecho; Executive Chef, Match
All proceeds raised at the event will directly benefit the Rare Disease Foundation, allowing them to foster vital rare disease research at BC Children’s Hospital and beyond, expand their parent resource groups across Canada and raise much-needed awareness. In 2013, Rare Finds raised over $110,000. Within three weeks, all of the money raised went directly to fund their programs.
Help transform the world of rare disease care at this memorable night. Hope should not be as rare as the diseases they treat.
For more information, visit www.therarediseasefoundation.org.