One of the biggest haunted houses in Metro Vancouver returns to Surrey next month.
Every fall, Potter’s House and Nursery in Surrey becomes Potter’s House of Horrors, as it converts its grounds from an enjoyable, plant-filled garden centre into a maze of terror with all the latest animatronics, digital sounds, high-tech scares and trained actors.
Now in its 15th year, Potter’s also includes a Li’l Haunters attraction geared to kids 12 and under.
The attraction opens on October 6 and runs right through until (and including) Halloween.
But this attraction is more than simply just a single haunted house.
In fact, this year includes not one, but two haunted houses, along with numerous other bone-chilling creations.
- The haunted house Monstrosity: Back by popular demand, Monstrosity is sure to delight horror fans who enjoy a good creepy walk through pure gothic madness. Features nasty creatures, spooky surprises and scary fun… oh, and possibly even an evil clown or two.
- The brand-new haunted house, Devil’s Descent: This house is described by Potter’s as “a terrifying vortex of rotted wood, rickety mine-shafts, punishing industrial machines, monsters and zombies.
- Li’L Haunters– Just for Kids: Li’l Haunters is a kids-only attraction with two mini haunted houses that aren’t too dark or scary and contain no animatronics or actors.
In addition to the two housing options, there is other frightening fun to be had:
- Coffin Ride: Experience what it’s like to be buried in a coffin.
- Haunted Photo Booth: Three freakish photos sent directly to your phone or email.
- Xtreme Paintball Haunted Shootout: Shoot 50 rounds at haunted props and spooky animatronics.
- New concession items include neon cotton candy and haunted hotdogs (just regular hotdogs, but they sound much cooler when we tell people they’re haunted!)
All told, if you were seeking out that special place to help you get in the (haunted) spirit of the Halloween season, then Potter’s House of Horrors in Surrey is the place to be.
When: Friday, Oct. 6 to Tuesday, Oct. 31
Time: 4 pm to 7 pm: Li’l Haunters, 4pm to 6:30 pm: Family Hour, 7 pm to 10 pm: Regular Show
Where: Potter’s Farm and Nursery – 12530 72nd Avenue, Surrey
Tickets: Priced between $12 and $50, depending on night and size of group, available online .