The Vancouver Police Department believes that compelling circumstances exist to warn the public regarding a high risk sex offender residing in the city of Vancouver.
Donald Joseph Scott recently completed a 13 ½-year sentence for the sexual assault and attempted murder of a teenaged boy. He has a lengthy criminal history that includes convictions for other violent offences.
The Correctional Service of Canada has assessed Scott as a high risk for violent and sexual re-offending. It is believed he poses a risk of significant harm to the safety of children and young people.
Scott is 34-years-old, white, 5’8″ tall, 186 lbs., with brown hair, a beard and blue eyes.
He must abide by the following conditions:
- not to possess, own or carry any weapon
- not to consume or possess alcohol or drugs
- not to enter any store whose primary purpose is the sale or distribution of alcohol
- have no contact, direct or indirect, with anyone 16 years of age or under, except as necessary for a commercial transaction in a store
- not to attend any daycare centre, school ground, playground, public park or swimming area where persons under the age of 16 are present or can reasonably be expected to be present
Anyone witnessing Donald Joseph Scott in violation of any of these conditions is asked to contact their local police department at 9-1-1.
Source/Featured Image: Vancouver Police