The Vancouver Police Department believes that compelling circumstances exist to warn the public that Robert Major will be residing in the City of Vancouver.
Forty-eight year old Robert Major is a four-time federal offender with multiple sexual assault convictions. He has been assessed as a high risk for violent and sexual re-offending. Police believe he poses a risk of significant harm to the safety of girls under the age of 16 years old.
Major is described as white, 5’11″ tall, about 250 lbs., with blue eyes. He is balding with light brown hair on the sides and a goatee.
There are a number of conditions that he must abide by. Those include the following:
- not to consume, purchase, or possess alcohol
- not to enter any liquor store, beer and/or wine store, or business whose primary purpose is the sale or distribution of alcoholic beverages
- no contact with anyone 16 years of age or under
- not to attend public parks, public swimming areas, community centres, parks, youth centres or school grounds where persons age 16 years or under are present or can reasonably expected to be present
- curfew from 11 pm to 6 am daily
Anyone witnessing Robert Major in violation of any of these conditions is asked to contact 9-1-1.