Places to Watch the World Cup in Vancouver
Update: Apparently there is plans to have a 27 ft screen on Granville Street to watch the world cup final live. As I type talks are going on with the COV.
Yesterday I published a list of places on Commercial Drive to watch the world cup (see the Top 5 places to watch the World Cup on Commercial Drive). Today I want to talk about the rest of the city as not everyone wants to head out to The Drive. So without further ado, here is my list of places to catch the games.
Note: Although places will be open early, City Hall’s ancient times politicians won’t allow liquor to be served until 9am.
- Shark Club: The vibe here is always great and this is my first choice to go too. They’ll be open at 7am for breakfast from June 11 to July 11. You can never go wrong with the Shark Club.
2. Ceilis: An Irish pub with great food and awesome service. The only snag, they open at 11am so you
miss the early game. I’ve also found out that this is where French fans will gather.
3. Red Card Sports Bar: The new kid on the block with a Soccer friendly name to boot. Doors open at
4. Forum Sports Bar: Great place, good looking servers. Hopefully they have AC as it gets hot in there
when its full.
5. Library Square. Will be open at 7am to the show the games.
6. Samba Brazilian Steakhouse (Alberni & Thurlow): Open early for all you real and wannabe Brazil fans
City of Vancouver (outside Downtown):
Three Lions Cafe (1 East Broadway): English fans this is where you want to be.
Main Street: A few cafes and restaurants will be opening up early to show the games.
German Cultural Centre on Victoria Drive (33rd): Will be showing every World Cup game.
Hell’s Kitchen in Kitsilano, 2041 West 4th: Pitcher of Carlsberg and any 11″ Pizza for only $26 during all 11:30am matches
Stella’s on Cambie
*If you will be opening for the games drop us an email at [email protected] and we’ll see what we can do.