With its fall 2017 opening mere months away, Parq Vancouver is making good on its hiring commitment with the announcement of four upcoming job fairs to recruit more than 1,000 new employees from the community and beyond.
Parq Vancouver, the largest private development in British Columbia, will open with two hotel towers – the 329-room JW Marriott and 188-room DOUGLAS, an Autograph Collection hotel – a casino, and eight restaurants and lounges, and that’s just naming a few of the highlights.
Opportunities within the property range from “entry-level to executive” according to the resort’s hiring announcement. Parq Vancouver is looking for applicants across the resort for jobs, including:
- Restaurant managers
- Security and surveillance
- Room attendants
The diversity of positions available makes it clear that Parq Vancouver will be much more than a gaming resort.
More highlights from the company’s announcement include:
- A dining portfolio conceived by Blau and Associates, the company owned by Canadian Chef Kim Canteenwalla and award-winning restaurateur Elizabeth Blau
- A massive 62,000 square feet of meeting and convention space that includes Vancouver’s largest hotel ballroom (attention wedding planners!)
- Spa and fitness studio facilities
- A 30,000-square-foot outdoor rooftop park six floors above street level, connecting the hotels and offering unparalleled views of Downtown Vancouver
So you’re interested in becoming one of the first to launch this resort? All four job fairs are being held at Gate H inside BC Place. Here’s when you can meet hiring managers and potential future co-workers:
- Wednesday, June 21 from 11 am to 4 pm
- Saturday, July 15 from 11 am to 4 pm
- Monday, July 17 from noon to 5 pm
- Wednesday, August 2 from 1 pm to 6 pm
You can also see the open positions and apply online at parqvancouver.com/work.