Ever take a bite or sip of something only to find it takes you immediately back to a travel experience you’ve had? Never ones to underestimate the power of a culinary experience, Pacific Sands Beach Resort is celebrating their 40 years with the release of a cook book entitled Flavours of Tofino featuring the finest recipes from leading Tofino chefs.
But first, more about Pacific Sands Resorts. Some 40 years ago, the Pettinger Family had a vision to build a resort that offered a true home-away-from-home experience. And sometimes, the best way one can feel at home is with a home cooked meal made by you. Not often will you find myself saying no to scallops or foie gras but sometimes a grilled cheese sandwich can be just as appealing. That’s what the Pettinger proprietors had in mind when they equipped the Pacific Sands Beach Resort as Tofino’s only all-suite oceanfront resort with fully equipped kitchens.
Inside the cookbook expect locally sourced West Coast ingredients and recipes including: Foolproof Dungeness Crab, Cioppino, Tofino Oysters with picked cucumber mignonette and even Pacific Sand S’mores. Also, having collaborated with other great dining establishments, you’ll find recipes from an array of contributors including:
- The Pointe Restaurant – Black Pepper and Thyme Gnocchi with Tofino Chanterelles, Roasted Garlic and Qualicum Brie
- RedCan Gourmet – Pan-Seared Wild Pacific Sockeye Salmon, Roasted Yam Mash and Pecan Celery Broth
- The Schooner Restaurant – Foolproof Dungeness Crab
- Shelter – Broiled Oysters with Hazelnuts and Parmesan
- SoBo – Smoked Fish Chowder
- Spotted Bear Bistro – Clams with Chorizo, Fresh Tomatoes, Garlic and Basil
- Tacofino – Salchichas con Tocino (Bacon-Wrapped Hotdogs)
- Wildside Grill Bistro – New Potato and Dungeness Crab Salad
To celebrate 40 years, Pacific Sands is offering the Forty and Fabulous Anniversary Package ($432 per night). Book with this promotion and you’ll also get the Flavours of Tofino cookbook to take home. For more information, see here.
Email: [email protected]