This Monday, August 5, the province will celebrate BC Day, passing the halfway mark in statutory holidays for the calendar year.
As per usual, government offices including Canada Post and city hall will be closed, along with banks and libraries.
Don’t get stuck needing something at the last minute. Here’s your handy guide to what’s open and what’s not in Vancouver, this BC Day.
- BC Liquor Stores (some will open with reduced hours; some closed)
- Private liquor stores (regular hours)
The following malls are open – refer to their websites for specific hours:
- All community centres will be closed with the exception of False Creek, Kitsilano, Mount Pleasant, Sunset, and West Point Grey, which will operate under reduced hours
- About half the fitness centres in Vancouver are open (check this list for exact times)
- All pools are open, except for Kensington and the Vancouver Aquatic Centre.
- All golf courses are open
- With the exception of the Carnegie Branch, all Vancouver Public Library locations are closed on Canada Day.
- Pharmasave (some open with regular hours; some are closed)
- All banks are closed on Canada Day
- All Canada Post offices are closed. That said, some offices operated privately may be open if the host business is open.