The fourth season of the Oak Street Farmers’ Market opens June 4, 2014 and is the first farm- direct market in South Vancouver.
- SEE ALSO: Vancouver Farmers’ Market 2014 Guide
They carry certified organic produce, eggs, and meat, but most importantly promote buying local. The market is filled daily with live music, fresh goods, and food trucks.
The market began in 2010 and focuses on building a united community while promoting local food production and distribution. The market is “supporting local farmers who support the economy, the community and the environment” – and you can do the same!
The Oak Street Farmer’s Market is open 3 to 7 p.m. daily from June 4, 2014 to October 29, 2014. You can find the market in the parking lot of the Unitarian Church of Vancouver at 949 West 49 Ave.
Oak Street Farmers’ Market
Location: Unitarian Church of Vancouver at 949 West 49 Ave.
Season: June 4, 2014 to October 29, 2014
Opening Days and Hours: Every Wednesday, from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
List of Community Events 2014
- June 18 – Honeybee Fest – Observation hives, beekeeper dress up & honey tasting
- July 2 – Pie Fest – Pie Eating Contest & Pie Competition judged by The Pie Hole’s Jenelle Parsons
- July 30 – Chicken Day – Backyard chicken demonstration’s & eggs and spoon races
- August 27 – Largest Tomato Competition & Zucchini Car Races
- September 17 – Ocean Wise Day – Celebration of local, sustainable seafood
- October 1 – Apple Fest – Cider pressing & the Longest Peel Contest
- October 22 – Harvest Fest – Kid’s Scarecrow Competition
- Ongoing – Chef Cooking Demonstrations & Workshops
Featured Image: Farmers’ Market via Shutterstock