For the first time in more than a decade, Vancouver will kick off a new year with a free, public celebration event in the downtown core.
New Year’s Eve Vancouver, the all-ages community countdown celebration, will take place from 6 p.m. to 12:20 a.m. on December 31, 2015 along Canada Place Way between Howe and Burrard Streets.
The highly anticipated celebration will have free programming, consisting of live music and entertainment, a three-minute Early Eve Countdown Fireworks show for families at 9 p.m., and the 11-minute Midnight Countdown Fireworks. Both fireworks will be launched from a barge in the middle of Coal Harbour on the downtown waterfront.
While this is a free event, a premium experience is also being offered through the sold-out CF Pacific Centre Viewing Lounge located at the West Promenade of the Canada Place pier. The all-ages lounge will open at 8 p.m. and features unobstructed views of the fireworks, in-and-out privileges, licensed bars, audio simulcasts of the band performances at the stage and the fireworks soundtrack, partially covered areas with heaters, private indoor washroom facilities, complimentary noise makers, snacks, and sparkling wine at midnight.
Vancity Buzz is a Proud Founding Sponsor of New Year’s Eve Vancouver.
- $450 package for the Sheraton Wall Centre in downtown Vancouver on New Year’s Eve. Located in the heart of Vancouver, enjoy your stay at the newly renovated Deluxe Corner King Room with spectacular views of the city. Also enjoy a full breakfast for two people at Cafe One and complimentary parking.
- Pack of four tickets to the CF Pacific Centre Lounge.
- $75 Cactus Club gift card.
Total prize is valued at $725.
To enter to win the NYE Vancouver prize pack, do at least one of the following:
1. Tweet the following on Twitter: (1 entry)
- Win a $725 @NYEVancouver hotel and premium tickets prize pack via @VancityBuzz http://ow.ly/W3eWX RT to enter! #NYEVAN
2. Follow NYE Vancouver on Facebook. Leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
3. Follow NYE Vancouver on Instagram – @NYEVancouver. Leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
4. Leave a comment below telling us your new year’s resolution. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from time and date of publishing until 11:59 p.m. PST on December 24, 2015. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they enter by.
New Year’s Eve Vancouver 2016
Where: Canada Place Way and Coal Harbour, Downtown Vancouver
When: 6 p.m. Thursday, December 31, 2015 to 12:20 a.m. January 1, 2016
- NYE Vancouver Festival: 6 p.m. to 12:20 a.m.
- CF Pacific Centre Lounge: 8 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
- Early Eve Countdown Fireworks: 9 p.m.
- Midnight Countdown Fireworks: 12 a.m.