Nordstrom, Target and Others Taking Over Sears Downtown Site
Dec 19 2017, 1:34 pm
Update: For those of you that don’t like to read the whole article. Scroll down to the bottom. April Fool’s!
Well shoppers the long awaited news is finally out and it’s official Nordstrom is coming to Vancouver. Along with a few other retailers that may surprise you. Look for Nordstrom and other retailers to take over the soon to be closed Sears building in the heart of downtown Vancouver. This will be part of a $100 million + overhaul of the existing Sears space. Finally, one of the most hideous buildings in Vancouver gets some much needed TLC.
The image above is a mock up of what the Robson & Howe side will look like.
Details of the project are as follows:
- The old white tiled aka “toilet bowl” will be no more and will be replaced by glass.
- The top of the building will have a news ticker wrap a la Times Square, Hong Kong, Tokyo and other major cities around the world. This news ticker will wrap around the entire building and will also be used as advertising space. A way for Cadillac Fairview to recoup the costs. This will fit in nicely for both the business district and the entertainment strip of Granville.
- Video screens will adorn the Granville and Robson Street sides. The corner of Robson and Granville will have two huge screens. Reportedly 5 times the size of the screens at Future Shop. The Howe side will have minimal advertising as it faces the prestigious Vancouver Art Gallery.
- A 220,000 square feet Nordstrom
- A 180,000 Urban Target (The rest of Metro Vancouver will be getting the traditional Target stores), the first of its kind in Canada.
- Also coming to Pacific Centre is Victoria Secret (Ladies no more going to YVR and it won’t be going into the corner of Georgia and Howe as previously hinted at by us as part of the Pacific Centre expansion).
- Other notable additions to Vancouver’s retail landscape include Uniqlo and Abercombie & Fitch have also been. Other major retailers will be announced soon as there is still close to 160,000 square of available space
- And finally it’s April 1st.