Today, Vancouver’s New Year’s Eve Celebration Society released a video to promote the first free New Year’s Eve celebration to take place in Downtown Vancouver in over a decade.
In October, we told you that the family-friendly countdown celebration would take place from 6 p.m. to 12:20 a.m. on December 31, 2015, and reserved seats are now available for purchase for those wanting to secure premium viewing lounge passes.
The video, titled “New Year’s Eve Vancouver 2016: Home” features many notable Vancouverites, including:
- Tamara Stanners: Program/Brand Manager, The Peak Radio
- Cory Ashworth: Announcer, The Peak Radio
- Shushma Datt: Founder, Spice Radio & Recipient of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal
- Julian DeSchutter: Co-Founder, Chasing Sunrise
- Ghost Walk: Vancouver Musicians
- Vikram Vij: Celebrity Vancouver chef
- Chris Gailus: Anchor, Global BC
- Sophie Lui: Anchor, Global BC
- Russell Teibert: Midfielder, Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Kirk McLean: Retired Goaltender, Vancouver Canucks
- Lyndsey Chow: Vancouver Stylist, Hey Jude
- Shannon Bosa Yacoub: Owner, Glowbal Restaurant Group
- Wendy Itagawa: Senior Project Manager, Evergreen Line
- Alvaro Prol: Owner, Blueprint Events
- Gordon Price: Director, The City Program, Simon Fraser University
- Kathleen Bartels: Director, Vancouver Art Gallery
- Riaz Meghji: Co-Founder, 1Karma
- Janet Austin: CEO, YWCA Metro Vancouver
- Chin Injeti: Canadian Music Producer
- Terry Chen: Canadian Film & Television Actor
The video was created and produced by the AntiSocial Solutions and Vancity Buzz teams:
- Daryl Louie: Creative Director
- Nathan Penner: Media Director
- Jonathan Spooner: Videographer
- Warren Fenton: Videographer
- Chin Injeti: Music Director
- Shawn O’Hara: Scriptwriter
Over the span of several weeks this fall, the video was filmed from the Vancouver Convention Centre’s green roof, the antenna of Harbour Centre, the SkyTrain Evergreen Line’s elevated guideway, Science World, Rogers Arena, The Orpheum Theatre, Vancouver City Hall, the B.C. Place Stadium field, Pan Pacific Hotel, the “Laughing Men” statues at English Bay, The Law Courts Inn Restaurant, UBC Thunderbird Field, Chinatown’s Millennium Gate, Vancouver Public Library, Celebrities Nightclub, and the Olympic Cauldron at Jack Poole Plaza.
Music for the video was originally composed by Chin Injeti.
New Year’s Eve Vancouver 2016
Where: Canada Place Way and Coal Harbour, Downtown Vancouver
When: 6 p.m. Thursday, December 31, 2015 to 12:20 a.m. January 1, 2016
- NYE Vancouver Festival: 6 p.m. to 12:20 a.m.
- CF Pacific Centre Lounge: 8 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
- Early Eve Countdown Fireworks: 9 p.m.
- Midnight Countdown Fireworks: 12 a.m.