The Rogers Santa Claus Parade is returning for its twelfth year this Sunday, December 6. Over 60 marching bands, choirs, festive floats and community groups will be featured in the parade.
Road Closures between 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- South side West Georgia Street, between Cardero Street and Broughton Street
- Alberni Street between Cardero Street and Jervis Street
- Nicola Street between West Georgia Street and Robson Street
- Broughton Street between West Georgia Street and Robson Street
Road Closures between 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Both sides Hornby Street, between Davie Street and Pacific Street
- Both sides Drake Street, between Howe Street and Burrard Street
- East side Burrard Street from Pacific Street to Davie Street
Road Closures between 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- West Georgia Street from Cardero Street to Seymour Street
- Howe Street from Dunsmuir Street to Davie Street
Spectators are encouraged to bring monetary or non-perishable food donations. Since 2004, the Parade has collected $141,800 and more than 75,400 lbs of food for the Food Bank to feed hungry families in the Lower Mainland. 300,000 spectators are expected to attend this year.
When: Sunday, December 6
Time: 1 p.m.
Where: Georgia Street and Howe Street
This article was written for Vancity Buzz by Kathryn Wu / Twitter @kathrynj_wu