Nando’s has just revealed the largest community-service program in its North American history.
The Afro-Portuguese chain has pledged several new offerings to help Canadian communities in their fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
This includes the following actions from the company, which will all be effective as of March 26, 2020.
- Bring free hot catered meals to hospitals near every Nando’s in North America, to provide comfort and sustenance to the nurses, doctors, and hospital workers struggling to keep us all safe and well.
- Provide free Nando’s takeout to any nurse, doctor, or healthcare worker who shows up at a Nando’s in uniform or with a valid healthcare ID, or calls to place a to-go order and presents ID at collection.
- Create a new employee volunteer force. Nando’s employees will be paid to deploy their services to help others in the immediate communities in which they operate.
- Allocate 50 free meals per day per restaurant for laid-off members of the restaurant industry. They can walk in and take away Nando’s with pride.
- Donate all surplus food, packaged and non-expired, to local area food banks.
- Provide free family meals for Nando’s employees’ families in need.
In addition to these new measures, Nando’s will give its customers and employees the opportunity to pay it forward by purchasing a meal for families, laid-off industry workers, and medical personnel.