Yes, it’s Movember! Time to grow that mo! Let your moustaches flow freely this month to help tackle prostate cancer, testicular cancer and men’s mental health.
Alternatively, if you are moustache-challenged, you can help support men’s health by attending events or buy products in support of the Movember Foundation.
Or just shave a moustache into the side of your head to show your support. If that’s not for you, here are a few other ways to mark Movember in Vancouver this month.
- What: Start off by shaving down – get your face shaved clean, ready to grow that mo. Alternatively, get that beard shaved into a moustache, or maybe that moustache shaved into an even better moustache! Whatever floats your boat.
- Where: The Nest at UBC – 6133 University Blvd, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, November 1 at 11 am
- Admission: By $5 donation online
- What: While Café Medina normally operates a strict no-reservations policy, the downtown brunch institution is offering you a golden opportunity to book tables for up to six people by donation through November to benefit the Movember Foundation.
- Where: Café Medina – 780 Richards Street, Vancouver
- When: From November 1 to November 30
- Reservations: Donations are $25 per table on Eventbrite
Thomas Haas Movember Bars
- What: Internationally acclaimed pâtissier Thomas Haas is donating 10% of proceeds from his exclusive moustache-themed creations, including a Movember Dark Chocolate Cake, featuring dark whisky ganache, malt wafer and moustache accents.
- Thomas Haas North Shore – #128 998 Harbourside Dr, North Vancouver
- Kitsilano – 2539 West Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Through November
- What: In this workshop, learn a bit about how masculine and feminine energies are understood from a yoga perspective. Half of all proceeds go to the Movember Foundation. Meanwhile, you’ll find your inner warriors with a vigorous flow practice.
- Where: Ocean and Crow Yoga Studio – 1707 Grant St, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, November 26, from noon to 1:30 pm
- Tickets: $40 online
- What: This 5K fun run or walk is open to everyone, so bring out your family and friends. Refreshments will be provided.
- Where: Deer Lake Park – 5435 Sperling Ave, Burnaby
- When: Saturday, November 5, at 9:30 am
- Entry: $5 donation to Movember Foundation on site
- What: Take your ‘stache on tour around your hood – wherever that may be and do it on your own time. Show off your fuzzy upper lip while you run, walk, crawl, hike, hop, dance or do whatever makes you feel good for 5k, 10k or a half marathon.
- Where: Wherever you want!
- When: Whenever you want!
- Participation: By $28 donation online
- What: The Hive Bouldering Gym is hosting a men’s month, with a portion of proceeds going to the Movember Foundation. Mo’ Bro Nights mean half-price drop ins for new bouldering bros, and free yoga classes; Mo’ Dyno is a one-off party night.
- Where: Hive Bouldering Gym – 520 Industrial Ave, Vancouver
- Mo’ Bro Nights – every Friday in November
- Mo’ Dyno – Friday, November 18, from 6 to 11 pm
- Info: hiveclimbing.com/vancouver/modynos
- What: Come by Trev Deeley Motorcycles on November 5 for a burger or hot dog, chips, pop and cookies by donation. All proceeds will go to the Movember Foundation.
- Where: Trev Deeley Motorcycles – 1875 Boundary Road, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, November 5, from 11:30 am to 2 pm
- Register: On Facebook
Black Walnut Manhattan
- What: Two dollars from every Black Walnut Manhattan cocktail (whisky mixed with amaro and walnut bitters) sold at The Cascade Room in November will be donated to support men’s health. Drink up!
- Where: The Cascade Room , 2616 Main St, Vancouver
- When: Throughout November
- What: Flappers, Shakers, and Swell Gals, get ready to swing at this ‘Stache Bash, Speakeasy-style, featuring swing dance lessons, live jazz by Bourbon Rebels, and special moustache burlesque. Plus, compete for best moustache and sister moustache.
- Where: The Waldorf Hotel – 1489 East Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, November 19, from 9 pm to 2 am
- Tickets: $20 on the door