Movember, the global charity that raises funds and awareness for men’s health, is proud to share that more than 173,000 Canadians participated in its seventh annual campaign. This year, to date, Mo Bros and Mo Sistas across the country have raised $28 million for men’s health initiatives, making Canada the leading fundraising nation globally. Funds will continue to come in over the coming weeks as Mo Bros and Mo Sistas wrap-up their fundraising efforts. It’s not too late to donate, to do so visit Movember.com.
“It has truly been another amazing Movember – I’d like to thank all of the Mo Bros and Mo Sistas across Canada that helped to start conversations, raise awareness and initiate change,” said Pete Bombaci, Country Director, Movember Canada. “We’re looking forward to putting the funds raised to work with ground-breaking research and programs that will make a significant impact on men’s health in Canada and around the world.”
CANADA MO’S BEST
Canadians continue to embrace the moustache and make a significant contribution to the more than $100M in funds raised globally during this year’s campaign.
- The top three individuals globally are Canadian
- Four of the top five teams globally are Canadian
- Two of the top three networks globally are Canadian
- Canadian students lead fundraising globally, raising more than $2.5 million, to date
- 173,151 registrants in Canada
- $28,027,116 raised to date in Canada
- 20,751 registrants in British Columbia
- $2,778,001 raised to date in British Columbia
- Top individual fundraiser in British Columbia, – Adam Hill, raising $24, 303. Here is the link to his Mo Space: http://ca.movember.com/
- Top team fundraiser in British Columbia, x3 best friends from Vancouver who biked 4369 KM – Moustache Ride Across Canada – raising $121,018. Here is the link to the their Mo Space: http://ca.movember.com/team/
- Top Campus – University of British Columbia’s ‘Hippocratic Growth’, raising, $11,695. Here is the link to their Mo Space: http://ca.movember.com/team/