Summertime essentials include sunscreen, music, and a hot BBQ – but what’s the fun in that without a refreshing drink?
Whether you’re hanging with your friends or beaching during a sunny weekend, pairing a Molson Canadian Cider with a sizzling steak or spareribs is the perfect way to chill out.
You’ll want to pay close attention to this cider’s juicy flavour – it’s aromatic, tantalizing, and zesty. And if you’re feeling curious, try shaking it up with the Molson Canadian Stone-Fruit Cider – best served over ice to enhance its crisp, fresh taste. The fruity and acidic cider pairs well with smoked salmon, apple crumble, and camembert. Don’t be afraid to mix it up either – one half Molson Canadian and one part cider.
This is definitely a drink that fits right in when you’re dockside or hanging on a hammock at the cabin. Try Molson Canadian Cider in the city and it will always take your right back to that quiet, serene place. But when you’re ready to hit the BBQ, try out this spareribs recipe:
Spicy Cider Spareribs Recipe
- 2 kg (4.4 lbs) spareribs
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 473 ml can of Molson Canadian Cider
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1/4 coriander, freshly chopped
- Place the spareribs, onion, garlic, and spices in a large pan. Season with salt and pepper. Pour 1 1/2 cups of Molson Canadian Cider, adding water as required to cover spareribs. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and let simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Mix together the tomato paste, brown sugar, lime juice, Hoisin sauce, coriander, and remainder of the Molson Canadian Cider. When the spareribs are cooked, drain and immediately coat with sauce. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes. Spareribs can be slow cooked ahead of time and then marinated in fridge for several hours.
- Preheat the BBQ to medium heat. Place spareribs on grill and brush with sauce during cooking. Cook for about 15 minutes, turning at half time.
Enter for your chance to win a Molson Canadian Cider BBQ prize pack just in time for the BC Day long weekend (July 30 to August 1). Prize pack includes:
1. Molson Canadian Cider
2. Molson Canadian Cider Glassware
3. Long weekend grilling essentials: grilling utensils, bbq rubs, and an apron
4. $150 VISA gift card
To enter for your chance to win a Molson Canadian Cider BBQ prize pack, do at least one of the following:
1. Tweet the following on Twitter: (1 entry)
- Win a #MCCider BBQ prize package via @Molson_Canadian & @VancityBuzz http://ow.ly/S4qS302mC7a RT to enter!
Must be 19+ to enter. Prize pack will be mailed out following the BC Day long weekend.
Contest entries will be accepted from date and time of publishing until 11:59 p.m. PST on Friday, July 25. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through Twitter.