To mark the 90th anniversary of Mickey Mouse, Apple has partnered with the Walt Disney Company to create Mickey Mouse-decorated Beats by Dr. Dre wireless earphones.
These special edition earphones are a version of the Beats Solo3 headphones, with the Mickey version differing by featuring a grey design that resurrects Mickey Mouse’s iconic pose.
It also comes with a matching grey felt carrying case inspired by the materials from Mickey Mouse hats, a collectible 90th anniversary pin, and a decal sticker.
Mickey Mouse made his debut in 1928 with the animated short Steamboat Willie, which was Disney’s first synchronized sound cartoon. He gained immense popularity over the years, later starring in the classical animated musical Fantasia in 1940 and The Mickey Mouse Club variety show starting in 1955.
Mickey Mouse got his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1978.
Another major milestone is right around the corner; in 2023, Disney will celebrate the 100th anniversary of its founding by brothers Walt and Roy O.
- Canadians now get discounts of up to 35% at Disney theme parks
- 4 things to do in Anaheim beyond Disneyland
- Get Disneyland's iconic Dole Whip in Calgary for only $1.30
- This local mini-chain now carries Disneyland’s magical Dole whip at all locations
- First look at Disney's Science Behind Pixar exhibition at Science World (PHOTOS)