Mark your calendars because Metro Vancouver’s massive sunflower festival is kicking off next week.
The Chilliwack Sunflower Festival will be opening on Wednesday, August 22 for the first time ever.
The festival is run by the same organizers who hosted Tulips of the Valley and it will take place in the same location at 41310 Yale Road.
The festival begins on Wednesday, August 22, and will allow visitors to stroll through more than five acres of sunflowers in bloom. On-leash pets will also be welcome, with a dedicated drinking area and complimentary pick-up bags on-site.
- A one-acre show garden with 15 varieties of sunflowers
- Three-acres filled with giant sunflowers
- One-acre of traditional orange and yellow sunflowers
- Sunrich Orange sunflowers that visitors can pick and take home
- Cut sunflowers and field flowers for sale
- Sunflower-inspired gifts and on-site-grown tulip and daffodil bulbs
You’re going to want to get your camera ready because the festival will provide prime opportunities for IG-worthy photo-ops with swing sets, a windmill and a vintage bicycle on site.
For more details, check out the festival’s website.
Where: 41310 Yale Road, Chilliwack
Time: Monday to Thursday, 10 am to sunset; Friday to Sunday, 30 minutes before sunrise to sunset
When: Wednesday, August 22 to Sunday, September 16, 2018 (estimated)
With files from Vincent Plana.