If you’ve ever wanted to meet a local LGBTQ celebrity, here’s your chance. Tangoo has teamed up with Reiko Mackenzie, The Food Gays and “The Unstoppable” Conni Smudge to curate the best bars and restaurants during Pride week, and are giving away prizes to go along.
Reiko’s public story started when she sparkled onscreen as a ‘Housewife’ on season one of the ‘Real Housewives of Vancouver.’ Fast Cars. Baking genius. Gluten-free, of course. Luxury. Martial arts badass. Super-fit. Mom of two.
The Food Gays are Jeremy and Adrian, two Vancouver men who love food, photography and social media. The website was launched in 2012, and since then it has become a collection of healthy and delicious recipes, lifestyle finds and restaurant experiences around the city. Follow The Food Gays on Instagram for the most colourful, vibrant food photography around!
Based out of Vancouver, Mz Smudge has been the face of several events and charities, including the North American OutGames, Qmunity, The City of Vancouver, and the Q Hall of Fame Canada to name just a few.
There will be six draws (six winners)
1st Prize: Your choice of one of six restaurant gift cards (valued up to $100) + dining or coffee with either Reiko, The Food Gays or Conni.
2nd to 6th Prize: One of the remaining restaurant gift cards (valued up to $100)
To win the chance to dine with one of the three along with a $100 gift card from one of six restaurants, do the following:
2. Vote up the “Pride Promos” experience category on at least one of the six restaurants (listed below) competing for Top Pride promotion.
Featured Pride Promotions
The Three Brits ($100 gift card draw)
- A ticketed event including canapes, beverage samplings, a DJ and Drag Queen host, and partying until 2 a.m.
The Score on Davie ($100 gift card draw)
- A legitimate “No Pants Party” followed by a hangover brunch the next day.
Fountainhead Pub ($100 gift card draw)
- A chance to decorate their space by signing maple leafs (by donation), which celebrate the 10th anniversary of marriage equality in Canada.
Lips Resto ($100 gift card draw)
- A $10 event where half of proceeds go to charity that will help the Pride community. The event is being sponsored by Crystal Head and will have a DJ, canapés and feature cocktails.
Lolitas South of the Border Cantina ($50 Gift Card draw)
- Weekend-long Happy Hour. A $1 donation from every bottle goes to support local youth support services in the LGBTQ community.
The Hub Restaurant ($50 Gift Card at any three Hub locations)
- $10 Pride beer flights and Happy Hour from 3 to 6 p.m.
Repeat the voting process but by checking out Reiko, The Food Gays’, or Conni’s favourite dining spots on the app and voting on any experience category at one place or more that you feel strongly about through a previous experience or by checking it out during Pride weekend.
Contest entries will be accepted from time and date of publishing until 11:59 p.m. PST on August 7, 2015. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted via email.
About Tangoo and how voting lets both you and restaurants win
Tangoo is the pocket concierge app that instantly finds you a specific experience based off your mood and what’s happening close by. Tangoo’s experiential search matches your mood to the perfect atmosphere, daily event or promotion, or a restaurant’s specialty, so that you can create memorable connections with the people you want to impress.
You now have the power to crown places for the experiences they do best by simply voting with one tap and watching the ones with the most votes trend to the top. Also, if you visit the right place, you’ll be entered to win experiential prizes year round – just keep checking Tangoo for updates.
After you visit a place that has been categorized under any of the over 80 experience categories on Tangoo, vote up or down on whether you thought a place was great for that specific experience. Let Vancouver’s best restaurants compete for your votes.
The featured restaurants that are being voted on within the context of the contest all have special Pride Promotions.